Terry Treanor was chairman of IPHA from its inauguration in 1994, until he sadly died, unexpectedly, in 2003. He was instrumental in the development of the association, as it was on his suggestion that slipform manufacturers were brought into the fold. This resulted in the evolution of IECA (International Extruded Concrete Association) into the International Prestressed Hollowcore Association.
Over the following years, he was at the centre of the growth of IPHA into the organisation that exists today. It was in his honour and memory that the award was devised, with the first one awarded at the annual conference in Prague, 2005.
By the Members, for the Members
In addition to honouring Terry’s memory, the award was devised to demonstrate:
- IPHA is an active organisation within the industry.
- Outstanding or innovative applications for hollowcore.
- Innovations in production or installation.
- Provide publicity for IPHA and participating members.
Hollowcore Floors or Walls
- Innovation in any aspect of flooring or walls.
- A completed project using hollowcore innovatively.
- Development in production machinery or equipment.
- Development in manufacturing, transport or erection.
- A design or software development.
- Innovation in sales & marketing of hollowcore.
- Improvements in health and safety procedures
- Economically advantageous or time saving innovation.
- 2019 – Creagh Concrete – CAD Academy, and Armasteel – 10 Wire PC Strand
- 2018 – Gruppo Centro Nord – Noise Barrier with Hollowcore Slabs
- 2017 – Gruppo Centro Nord – Prefabrication of Tunnels with Hollowcore Slabs
- 2016 – VBI (Consolis) – Reusable Activated Geopolymer Based Hollowcore Slabs
- 2015 – United Precast Concrete Dubai LLC – Sharjah Cement, Clinker Shed
- 2014 – Generale Prefabbricati Spa – Shopping Mall in Rome: Design, Tests & Erection
- 2013 – No Terry Treanor Award Granted
- 2012 – Prefabricats Pujol – Buildings Ready to Install
- 2011 – Bobcrete – Accurate Casting in of Stud Anchors
- 2010 – VBI – New Developments of Climate Floor
- 2009 – Echo – Lifting Loops in Hollowcore, and Generale Prefabbricati Spa – Euroma2
- 2008 – Echo & Scia – Making Hollowcore the Standard Floor Solution through Good Partnership
- 2007 – Prefabricats Pujol – Innovative Marketing
- 2006 – VBI – Climate Floor
- 2005 – Echo – Drain Deck